What is Language Coaching?
The Language Coaching Certification programme is aimed at language teachers and trainers who wish to enhance their work with a new and highly efficient approach: Neurolanguage Coaching®.
Naturally, this raises the question: What do we mean by Neurolanguage Coaching®?
This is how Efficient Language Coaching™ defines Neurolanguage Coaching®:
“Neurolanguage Coaching® is the efficient and fast transfer of language knowledge and skills from the Language Coach to the Language Coachee with sustainable effects facilitated by brain based coaching and coaching principles and neuroscience.”
(© 2012 Rachel M. Paling)
Features of Language Coaching:
- a continuous flow of language training constantly interacting with aspects of the neuroscience of learning and aspects of traditional coaching;
- it ensures the constant awareness of how the brain works, ensuring brain connections;
- it includes coaching models and tools;
- it adds the ethical principles of coaching itself, ever present in language coaching sessions, as set out by the ICF;
- it encompasses an individual needs analysis;
- it tailors language targets to individual needs;
- it embraces the cultural aspects of language;
- it may include professional expertise and have a topical focus;
- it addresses personal aspects such as client confidence, comfort, motivation and satisfaction.
For further information please refer to our article exploring the differences between language teaching and language coaching.